Friday, January 15, 2010

So Cliche, but TGIF!!!

I know, I know...I was at a ski resort for 2 days during this work week...but that was actually really hard work! I'm just about shot I think...that is, until tomorrow at 10 when I'm back in the office! :)

So, mid-morning I had to at least try a piece of the banana bread I made last night. Honestly, I like mine a little more moist than the way this turned out, but the flavor was spot on!

I had to show y'all my ghetto-rigged water cup:

I got a cup for water from the kitchen because I forgot my bottle at home, and it leaked! I put it in my tea cup to keep it from getting all over my desk - and that, kids, is what we call ghetto. Or smart...one of the two anyway!

Lunch was a bowl of the bean + turkey soup I made last night, with a toasted sandwich thin on the side:

This is the most colorful part of my day today :)

And, well, I had a little bit of the banana bread, but no pumpkin...it was feeling left out...I HAD to try it too! I swear!

Pretty good for being from a box mix! I have a good recipe for homemade pumpkin bread using whole wheat flour, which makes is SUPER dense and moist...YUM! Speaking of pumpkin, I also snacked on a little thing of pumpkin yogurt:

1/3 cup yogurt, 1/3 cup pumpkin, 1 Truvia, lots o'cinnamon! I love the texture the pumpkin gives it...I feel healthier just eating it!

Today I walked for an hour at a 4.5 mph pace. I continue to go back and forth on running vs. walking. I used to LOVE running (before it became this big, evil, only-to-burn-calories activity), but since I did it incorrectly for so long, I totally screwed up my body. I do truly enjoy walking, though, and it doesn't hurt. I think that's what I'll stick with for now.

Upon getting back to the office, I made my 3-minute oatmeal cookie:


It was great! Definitely didn't have the crunchiness that I like from baking and fat, but it was soft, warm, and sweet...just want I needed right then! I spread about 1/2 Tbsp of almond butter on top and devoured. I love how Tina's recipes rarely call for random, expensive, hard-to-find ingredients. It makes her blog and her recipes so much more accessible!

We're about to peace out from work for the official workweek, and I couldn't be happier. Dinner tonight is going to be BBQ Sausage Sandwiches (w/ homemade bbq sauce), oven-fries, and spaghetti squash salad (gonna make that up as I go!) Wish me luck!

What's your favorite (hypothetical) Friday happy-hour drink? (Mine's a Cape Cod or a marg, hands down!)

3 comments:

  1. Mine is a Jack and Diet...a bit harsh I know, but sometimes a girl just needs a little whisky...it's COLD in MN :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, that cookie looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a problem because I screwed up my shins running with unsupportive shoes for so long. I have super high arches and they don't do well when I run much, so I alternate running and walking. Nothing wrong with walking - it's still an excellent way to get in cardio.

    ReplyDelete