Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Much Bettah!

Mornin' y'all!

Hope y'all had a great night...I know that we did! We had dinner last night at the Moffat Station Brewery in the Winter Park Hotel. I took a cool picture of Nate (he looks kinda mean, but we were playing with the light):

We ordered Herbed Hummus for an appetizer...SO amazing! There was a ton of flavor and the toasted pitas were a perfect pairing:

I ordered the Portabella Wrap with portabella mushrooms (adoy), cucumbers, red onions, carrots, and zucchini. It was served with a HUGE pile of Asian slaw...bok choy, savoy cabbage, carrots, red cabbage, and a great dressing with rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and shredded ginger. Holy yum!

Nate got the Fiesta salad - greens, grilled chicken, red and yellow bell peppers, onions, and ranch. His was really great too!

We both felt MUCH better after having some healthier food in us. I know that I felt much more confident and happier with my decision making :)

We ended up going to a party for about an hour, where I had a margarita on the rocks, but then decided that we were so completely exhausted - see Exhibit A below:

Nate crashed and I stayed up a little later playing on blogs. I could barely keep my eyes open, was so excited to see what everyone was up to today!

I just became overwhelmed by thankfulness for this community of bloggettes :) I've been so inspired and encouraged, and want to thank all of you who read this for putting up with my antics and lovingly encouraging me every step of the way. I've begun to notice my jeans getting bigger on me, which is a good sign since I don't weigh myself. Looks like I'm on my way!

I also wanted to announce (because announcing this will force me to get my rear in gear) that I will have my new blog up by Sunday night (eek!). It will have a different name, so if you're following me on here please make sure to update your followed blogs/blogrolls. I'm very excited about this transition because it will allow more communication and hopefully quite a bit more room for growth!

What would you like to see more of on this blog? Foods eaten? Recipes? Workout specifics? My puppies (hah!)? -- I'd love any feedback y'all have!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm...your dinner looks SO yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that portabella wrap looks so good! You don't have a recipe for something similar do you? I'll have to research one. I vote for the puppies by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food looks delish! And I thought the picture of Nate was a picture of someone famous :)

    I say, keep doing what you're doing :) Although, I would love to be able to select "Name/URL" for "Comment As"-it's not an option on your blog and I have to use "Google Account" - some blogspot blogs have it and others don't. www.cleaneatingmama.com has it, if you don't know what I'm referring to :)

    ReplyDelete